1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forget the 350Z Nissan I finally found a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lordmakemeworthy, Jan 30, 2006.

1. lordmakemeworthy

lordmakemeworthy New Member

I posted a comment before in frustration of waiting 5 months at a particular dealership here without a call. I was very tempted to just get a sports car.

I read the St Paul MN paper today and saw in the auto section a dealer advertising 3 2006 Prius's available. So, I immediately went down and purchased the last of the three. (Blue with Bisque leather)

I've got about 40 miles on it now and I'm glad that I waited it out. This is a very neat car. And, I'm glad to be back on this forum.

Some folks gave me some very critical comments about my decision to go with a 350Z Nissan and forget the Prius. But, others gave me the encouragement to wait it out and look to possibly other dealerships.

This is a great site. All I can say is Thanks!!!!!

Thankyou very much from a disabled vet.

Gary in Minnesota

2. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Thank you for serving our country!

I've got a sports car and trying to go to a Prius.

3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a good friend who has a "Z" . . . both cars (Z and Prius) are fantastic cars, but for very different reasons. :)

4. lordmakemeworthy

:)

thankyou for nice comment to a veteran, but as a career military man, I know those at the home front have helped also to make this a "great" country "one out of many" "one"

I agree, certainly, the Prius doesn't have the "punch" of something like a 350Z or something with the design of the EVO - but, I had a Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo and this was honestly a very very nice car. Also, the Toyota Supra was definately quite a car in its time.

But, I don't know, my feelings have changed and actually I don't mind the "smooth" slower acceleration with this car, my first day of ownership. The electronics are very impressive. Also, it is a quite ride.

And, of the few sports cars out there today, they beg to be modified ASAP. I did see a 350Z Touring with leather and also a nice stereo - something like 34,000 dollars. But, I stuck it out ....and I think I'm glad I did. 2006 Prius. Blue/Bisque Leather.

This is a nice forum and group....of folks.....

I think most are very understanding..... Gary in Minnesota

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Congratulations, Gary. Sounds like you lucked out. For my money, seaside/bisque is a great combination.

Now it's waiting for some spring weather for the higher MPG. Ah, you do have spring in MN, right?

6. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Way to go Lordy!....... They are really two different animals..... the Z can be alot of fun if you can figure how to stay away from the cops.

I too have thought how fun it would be to take the same money and get something really fast..... but that thrill is so short lived.. then your done.....

Not only does it put you at risk as well as others, but you can't take your family with you and drive like Richard Petty!..

If your just gonna cruise and "style and profile".. the prius can do that too!

I see those muscle cars revving thier engine and showing off and it looks like a poodle show... all dressed up and no place to go! :lol:

I don't know where your at in life, but this prius should remain useful and cool throughout its whole life.."thats a long time!"

And you can mod this car like the Z could never do..... mods you can actually use!

Both cars have thier pros and cons compared to each other....

I know there must be a part of you that wonders "what would it have been like If I had gotten the Z?"

Well my best guess to solve that question is to look at others who have had a Z for 5 years and compare with those who have had a prius for 5 years.... which crowd is still the most thrilled?

Have fun.... theres alot to read and learn on the prius..... once you get all that figured out, then you get to move to all the mods! "if its not tricked out enough already!"

7. lordmakemeworthy

:) :) :) :)

Don't know if you'll look back "jack 06" and "windstrings",

but thankyou for your comments - yes, eventually spring does come in Minnesota.

and I agree, I think the thrill would wear off on the 350Z or EVO -

I really like the electronic features with this vehicle.

My first trip with the Prius was 40 miles away to go to the town where my mother lives and order some fresh flowers for her.

Again, thankyou to Prius chat members and your comments I appreciate very much. I'm a retired disabled veteran.

Take care from a friend also.

Gary in Minnesota :) :) :)

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations on getting the Prius, at long last! I remember your post recently about wanting to cancel your order b/c of the wait. I've been waiting 5 months too, but haven't thought about cancelling b/c I know it will be well worth my wait. Sounds like you're enjoying the car too, that's fantastic to hear! :) It's definitely not a sports car, that's for sure. But it sure has a lot of neat, fun electronic gadgets. You can always rent a sports car for a day if you really need to fulfill that 'need for more speed' anyways, right? ;)

9. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Well, not exactly. The EVO is a beast in the snow with the AWD and a set of mud and snow tires. Kinda funny to do drifts and donuts in parkinglots and watch people spin their tires just trying to start going on the roads.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm about to sacrafice my Evo for a Prius. I'm 16, and havent't got any tickets yet, unlike my friends. Plus, with a Prius, I would be less temped to so. I have a Yamaha yzf600 and its got all the power I could handle and even more. I admit it, teens shouldn't drive fast cars everyday. So many people get into accidents and ruin cars at my highschool. It's sick. I know I'm kinda spoiled for getting a $28K car for my first car, but If I ever got in a accident, my dad would take away my car and never let me drive it again. One kid was speeding like 50 over the limit on a curved road with a brand spanking new rsx, and crashed into a house. Next day, they got him a brand new mazda 3. He totalled it the next week. And they got him another brand new car! Dam. People just don't get it.

The Prius is kinda a tecky car, and thats the stuff I like. Congrats on the Prius. :p
    I'm still waiting for mine!