1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forget the HHO Generator, I'm going to add Orbo technology to my Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dogfriend, Dec 17, 2009.

1. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If I incorporate Orbo technology into MG1 & MG2, I will never need fuel again. :madgrin:

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I call BS on this product... Until they can get one running, disconnect the battery, power a light bulb and prove that the motor isn't slowing down over a generous amount of time (say with a rotary encoder attached to the shaft), AND let me take it apart to ensure there aren't any tricks involved, there's no way i'm going to believe they built a perpetual motion machine.

Sadly, charlatans have been peddling perpetual motion machines for thousands of years - literally. The first one on record dates back to 1150.

3. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Its not a perpetual motion machine, its a over-unity device. :madgrin:

4. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I think that is the best perpetual motion machine I have ever seen. Unless there are big magnets under the table keeping it going. I wonder what bearings its using to be run that long without slowing down?

Still, the only work they claim it can generate is to wasted due to bearings and I^2R losses in the conductors of the wires and coils. Pretty miniscule for the size of the thing.

Looks like a hoax to me. They sure engineered it nicely though. Ha!

5. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    They have cool theme music, plus a snazzy logo. And lots of cool shots of Dublin, Ireland. What else could you want? :madgrin:

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Define "that long"... remember, they never disconnect the battery! I could build a small motor that could run for hours on their battery... in fact, i did for my high school physics class!

7. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The demo is designed to run forever, demonstrating that it is at least self-maintaining.

A LiOn battery at room temperature, running a motor that is 99.9% efficient, can run the motor a very long time. Weeks / months.

What we are led to believe, however, is that the Potential Energy stored in permanent magnets, is being used, to create more energy than the Kinectic Energy used to spin the permanent magnets.

IOW, put a rock in the air, let it drop. Potential energy, placing it in the air, kinectic energy dropping it, thanks to gravity. However the energy required to put the rock in the air can never fully equate the energy you can get back, due to conversion loss. Converting Kinectic energy to electricity will yield less energy.

Now, let's say that the rock it the most pure & strong earth permanent magnet. And you drop it down a tube, that tube surrounded by a coil.

The mass of the magnet has to be strong enough to overcome the attraction the magnet will have to the sides of the tube.

Think throwing a magnet at your fridge. You CAT get's confused when it doesn't fall to the ground. The CAT can easily drag it down, meow, and have you throw it again.

So, a magnet "ball" falling into a coiled tube of wires, not sticking to the sides. Gravity pulls it down, electricity is generated. Use that electricity to "push" a "previous" ball that will fall back into our tube. And so on.

Is the magnet creating more current than is required to push it back up?

Take gravity out of it - make it an well oiled wheel, same principle. The tube is now the "outside" of the wheel, the perimeter.

Spin the wheel, electricity is produced.

So far, nothing new. What's new, is the types, shapes and position of those magnets, that the "Orbo" is generating more energy.

That energy can only come from some place, which would be the magnets having stored energy, and thus, those magnets will "lose" their power over time.

My opinion, is that they are so close to EM interference, from radio/cell towers, that when the wheel spins at a certain frequency, it is "helped" along.
    Lots & lots of Watts in the air around us.

It would be easy to bombard "Orbo" remotely with a microware emitter. Not that I think they are using microwaves.

The push-pull effects of magnets is very strong. If they figured out the perfect position & timing for the magnets, then yes, free energy from Mother Earth.

Then people will complain of the mines used to extract rare earth magnets out of the ground. That it's a Finite Resource, etc.

My Ramblings...

8. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    (ping)

I want another engineer's POV on my text...

9. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    (Raises hand)

I have a Mechanical Engineering degree which means that I was fully indoctrinated in the theories of thermodynamics (although they are getting somewhat hazy with advancing age). I also believe that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

The Orbo supposedly violates the first and second laws of thermodynamics, so I remain skeptical until someone provides extraordinary proof.

Wouldn't it be cool if it actually worked, though? :madgrin:

10. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The FUN is explaining a way that it could work !

Like the spin of the rotor, at a certain speed, turns into an antenna absorbing OTA energy.

11. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That might be a way that it could work, but then it would be totally impractical for most useful applications because it would require a guaranteed source of OTA radiated energy. And if you placed an Orbo next to a cell phone basestation or a microwave transmission tower, I'm sure that the owner(s) of the transmission tower would want to know where the extra loss was coming from and would take some sort of action (legal or otherwise) to remove the Orbo from the area. :madgrin:

12. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Reminds me of a Mythbusters episode, where they built a large "rectenna" to harvest from under a HV powerline "stray" electrons.

It was some 6' above ground level, and it produced essentially zero volts.

In a later episode, they reviewed from a viewer email - saying they put the rectenna way too far. It needed to be placed way up, as close as possible.

Theory being that in the middle of nowhere, people harvest illegally electricity by increasing the loss, but that loss is so small, it barely registers for the electric company.

13. markderail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Official Text :

How Orbo Technology Works

Orbo is based upon time variant magnetic interactions, i.e. magnetic interactions whose efficiency varies as a function of transaction timeframes.

It is this variation of energy exchanged as a function of transaction time frame that lies at the heart of Orbo technology, and its ability to contravene the principle of the conservation of energy.

Why?

Conservation of energy requires that the total energy exchanged using interactions are invariant in time. This principle of time invariance is enshrined in Noether’s Theorem.

The time variant nature of Orbo interactions can be engineered using two basic techniques. The first technique utilizes a method of controlling the response time of magnetic materials to make them time variant. This is achieved by controlling the MH position of materials during permanent magnetic interactions.

The second technique decouples the Counter Electromotive Force (CEMF) from torque for electromagnetic interactions. This decoupling of CEMF allows time variant magnetic interactions in electromagnetic systems.

14. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Noether's theorem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Steorn is going to bring math into play, then they should show their work. :madgrin:

15. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

If you place the rectenna close enough to arc to the powerline you can get a bunch of energy. :madgrin:

16. chimo

chimo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess they could not claim for it to be an over-unity device then. :)