1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forgot to turn the car off

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Capt Pat, Dec 30, 2009.

1. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just looked at the dealer setup options for the 2010, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would explain what's happening. I think the long beep is intended as a strong error message that you shouldn't ignore. Maybe a door or the trunk isn't fully closed?

The dealer customization features are described in section 6-2 of the 2010 owner manual (at least the US version...). The default setup of the door lock system locks the door when you put the car in gear, and unlocks them when you put the car in Park. But the mechanical key (not the buttons on the remote) should lock/unlock everything regardless of the automatic systems.

I've mentioned locking a car with the power left on several times, and you're the first to complain that it doesn't work. Perhaps this is a difference between the US and Japanese versions of the vehicle. In general, you get many more options than we get in the rest of the world.

Could someone with a US version 2010 try locking the doors with the car left ON? Does it still work with the 2010?

2. Tamyu

Tamyu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wouldn`t that still give me an error with the car turned off? If I attempt to lock with the car turned off and a door partially open, it will warn me. But this is only if the car is still on - turned off no problems and it will lock normally with no beeping at all. (Other than the lock beep itself)

The owner manual is now in my car so I cannot check it - but I think I see one difference already. Putting the car into gear doesn`t lock the doors, nor does park unlock them. Perhaps this is indeed a regional difference. I will look around Japanese boards to see if maybe there is something about the issue, and then check the manual to see if anything is written about locking while "on".

Thank you!