1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forum for Car Orders?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What do you guys think about a forum for people to start a thread for themselves on their order date, their options, and just continue updating it as they receive information and updates on their expected delivery date - then we can all threadcrap when they take delivery :)

I think this could be a neat way of sharing information that everyone's receiving about expected dates, prices paid, colors, options, etc, and it would encourage forum participation.

I was thinking to just make a thread on it, but then a thread would become way too crowded and be like the Yahoo Group. A seperate forum is an organized way to do it.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    After all of the amazing feedback I received on this idea <sarcasm> I decided to go ahead and create an Order Tracking Forum.

I posted a Sticky with ideas on how to format your Original Post so that we have some uniformity of how the start of the threads will look like.

Let me know if I should change the name of the forum, the description, or if you just hate the idea of it. I had thought about just setting up a database page to put in your information, but that's no fun because it doesn't give anyone a chance to rant about their order - something that people seem to love doing. Those people need an outlet for it instead of taking it out on people like Dianne.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Coop,

I think you should just do these things (and other things of this nature and so on and so forth).

Probably many people will be cruising the board, see the forum, and just post their information.

It's a good concept, anyway, and I just posted my order info.

4. tag

tag Senior Member

Coop,

I didn't know what to put in the SUBJECT line so I just put my handle. Is that correct or should it be something else?

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Better, I believe (does mine look okay?)...

The title of the threads should now be Color, Package, Order date and starter of the thread will be readily apparent. I think this is a good idea and, hopefully, everyone with one on order will post.

6. aaron-aggie

aaron-aggie New Member

Region, State or City might be useful in the Title. That way every one can look at orders around them for comparison.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good Idea, Aaron! I'll include that in the Sticky Post.