1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forum posting edit tools missing

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Mendel Leisk, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I had Windows Internet Security playing up on me, and followed a suggestion to set everything back to basics.

From then on, every page I loaded on PriusChat triggered a pop-up about "did I want to allow all content...", something like that. I managed to dismiss that, by a change to security settings.

But now, I notice the Forum posting interface is looking strange. Text is kinda small, and all the tools, ie bold, italic underline, emoticons and so forth are missing. I'm guessing again it's due to my setting everything back to basics in IE, but I'm lost, as to what I would need to change/enable, to restore the missing edit functions.

I'm pretty much convinced it's a Microsoft conspiracy to cajole me over to their new browser Edge (which seems a piece of you know what), but that's another story.

This stuff:

upload_2016-12-15_8-18-43.png

You know what, it's all there in FireFox, where I'm posting this. Everything else about the site behaving better too. Maybe it's time I got off that sinking ship...

RCO likes this.
  2. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I still think there's a virus on this website. My iPad, and even my iPhone don't work the same ever since I created a membership on Prius chat. And my "edit" button disappeared the very first month that I was a member.

Might be time to move on to the Toyota Tundra chat site. :D

3. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    With all the snow we're getting, I'm thinking to move to the Rav4 Hybrid site, lol. It'll pass...

Yeah, whatever's happening with my IE browser, it's effecting everything; Google home page looks clunky/different too. I'm halfway convinced to walk away, go over to FireFox. Since "upgrade" to Win 10 that's been a common theme:

1. Built-in email program complete shite, so moved to Mozilla Thunderbird.
    2. Built-in "games" complete shite, so downloaded Winaero's bundle, basically the Win 7 versions of built-in games.
    3. Movie player complete shite, so use Media Player Classic.

And now, looks like I have to drop-kick Windows Internet Explorer off the end of driveway, Windows Edge is complete you-know-what, so I'm getting comfortable with Mozilla FireFox.

#3 Mendel Leisk, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I use Opera, it's neat. You could also try chrome, which is a bit of a hog on memory, or its base browser Chromium. I've also heard good things about the browser, Vivaldi tho I've never tried it myself. :)(y)

5. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've never done any of the updates to my little iPad. And it always works fine. (Except for the occasional weird behavior when I'm logged on to Prius chat. :ROFLMAO:) Best thing I ever did, was get rid of a desktop and a laptop computer. They seem to always have bugs.

6. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah I "solved" the IE problem by switching to FireFox. I doubt mr softie cares.

RCO likes this.