1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Forward looking camera (not a crystal ball)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by speedntktz, Jan 2, 2009.

1. speedntktz

speedntktz New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Anyone notice the forward looking camera in the pictures and video of the 2010 Prius? If you look at the still images you see a camera lens. At first I thought it was the rear view camera, but after close inspection and watching the video, you can see it up by the rear view mirror just off to the drivers side. Any Idea what that would be for?

I also notice proximity sensors in the front bumpers at the side of the car, but not at the front. These sensors are usually used for parking the car, indicating how much space you have in front or behind you. Have they made those sensors redundant by having both a front and rear view camera????:)

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder if there is a self parking option in some markets like there is in the UK with the current Prius?

3. EtN

EtN Irish-Italian Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Intelligent Park Assist (IPA) was in the old Prius in Europe so I can't see why it shouldn't be (in a revised and improved version) in the new model on the same markets. It's a very expensive optional on the current Prius as you have to spec the car with leather to get it (why? no idea!). That said, I'm dying to get my filthy paws on a '10 but I have no clue as to when it'll hit the dealership in the UK.

Tony