1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Found a major issue with the displayed MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Judgeless, Jun 4, 2012.

1. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually it does. 239 miles with 54.5 mpg would be about 4.4 gall (even adding the 5% maybe 4.5 ) that is more or less half tank minus a little my average 'full' fill up when car says 0 miles left is about 9.2-9.4 gall ...

Unless owner is certain that the REAL odometer WAS the same, this tripB is quite on the money (if it was reset at or about half tank of gas)

Also, last year I went for a foreign trip left the car on the driveway (made sure smart key system was turned off) came back 13 days later car started next morning NO problem then the car was almost two years old (now almost 3). And I manage to run the battery almost completely down once by accident.

Not quite understand this unattended car goes alive schema this could be quite dangerous. Is it even legal ?? I would just have one of those smaller jump things in the car and use the jumping port.

2. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It was REAL.
    I did not disable the smart key system. I have to leave my car at the airport again in a couple of weeks. I will try disabling the smart key system.
    The car is in an open air airport garage. It is just fine. Next time I have to leave it I will bring a portable battery devices to jump the car.