1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

found bug/defect

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by vickryan, Mar 16, 2016.

1. vickryan

vickryan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I bought the new 2016 Prius 4 model, 4 days ago, and today I found its first bug, in the electronics system. (otherwise, I am TOTALLY 100% satisfied with this vehicle, it is superb/great/awesome, and I love it, for my purposes anyway, which basically means tons and tons of city driving) this setting does nothing == home -> settings (top right icon) -> vehicle -> door lock -> select doors unlocked -> all doors ---- this setting is completely encompassed by the setting above it, "2 press unlock" which does what the user seeks. (the point is to unlock the vehicle using the wireless key, either driver door only, or all doors, using single or double click of the unlock button) I am an engineer, my background is in engineering, and it took some testing to figure this out. (since there are 4 configurations, consisting of these 2 settings, thats just simple math, but then you have to test driver door vs other doors, and also single vs double click, so thats alot of testing potentially.) good luck to all. I hope TOYOTA hears me, and fixes this defect. (if I am wrong, please post comments! to help me understand) to be more specific, this defect can be fixed by making "driver door only" cause the key to unlock only that door, and it should negate the other setting, i.e. 1 click is sufficient, there is no need for "2 press unlock" for the driver door only.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thank you! a work around is easier than trying to get the dealer to contact toyota and blah, blah, blah.(y)

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe add the expression @Prius Team ? This alerts 'em. Well hopefully.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota doesn't seem to monitor this site too closely...one time I sent a PM message (Conversation tab above) to Prius Team and they did kindly get back to me...

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. vickryan

vickryan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    no worries. I did my part. (thats all I care about) just trying to improve the product. (the Prius) its the only defect I found, so overall this vehicle (2016 Prius model 4) is superb! love it! but I would think they wanna try to fix bugs, for the next release. (2017 prius) if they don't, its their loss. not mine. (I am gonna stick with my car, regardless what they do, believe me its good enough. its great.)