1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FRAM Cabin Air Filter Part #?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pnw_jk, May 12, 2022.

1. pnw_jk

pnw_jk New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm looking to replace my cabin air filter with one that has charcoal and baking soda. The Toyota OEM price is roughly $47 so I was looking for an after market part. The thing is, I found two parts that both seem to fit the 2016 Prius. One for only up to 10/15 and other from 11/15. My car was ordered in 1/16 but is there really a difference between the two?

The one for up to 10/15 seems to be much more readily available versus the latter. Would a gen 3 filter fit into a gen 4?

Here are the links for reference:
    Gen4: FRAM Fresh Breeze® Cabin Air Filter CF12157 | FRAM
    Gen3/4ish: FRAM Fresh Breeze® Cabin Air Filter CF10285 | FRAM

There seems to be a very narrow size difference between the two. Amazon says that the CF10285 will fit as well.

#1 pnw_jk, May 12, 2022
    Last edited: May 12, 2022
  2. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I would go with the one above. They are soft frame filters; so they'll squeeze in fine and have a tighter seal - prevent air for going around the filter. These do restrict the air flow a bit, when compared to the plain thin OEM ones.