1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Frame Damage in Maryland

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tlyke1983, Aug 21, 2007.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please don't take my post the wrong way, I was in no way blaming your choice of colour for some blind driver hitting you from behind. Just responding to the coment about the car being red as if that was a highly visible colour. I know the aftermath of an accident is a hassle, and it's never a good time.
    Good luck getting a good outcome.

2. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    All you can do is make sure you have a good insurance policy in case you need it. I was rear ended 2 years ago in my 1988 Honda Civic that I had been driving for 7 years. I'd just spent more than $1100 on some maintenance (timing belt, new tires, etc) since I'd planned to keep it for the duration of its useful life, when some bozo smacked into me when I was stopped on an off ramp, so same deal as you. I was sitting there in traffic, waiting for it to move, and the guy comes booking up behind me. I saw him for an instant and made a plan if I was hit. He slammed on his brakes and the state patrol said he was still moving at 30mph when he hit me. I hired an injury lawyer and spent the next 6 months in weekly chiropractic care for my back and neck injuries, as well as bi-weekly massages and some physical therapy.

The Civic was of course, totalled. and the insurance company (Progressive, NEVER do business with them, they're total jerks) only gave me a check for $2,000.00 for the car despite the money I'd spent and I had all the receipts.

Fortunately I had a good injury lawyer and it was all paid for and I got a check for $4500 when it was all over which covered all the bills I had to pay out of pocket that weren't paid by my health insurance.

Maybe get a 2007 Highlander Hybrid? They are bigger and since the new 2008's are coming out you could probably get a good deal on one from the dealer. Just a thought.