1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Free Sat radio!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ScottG10, Jun 7, 2010.

1. EmuMessenger

EmuMessenger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How/when do they perform this activation? I do not get all of the channels and we never discussed in-car audio.

2. dbldbl

dbldbl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    For $77/y I might consider.
    I have an offer of $13/m and $16/m with Nav. I'd consider it if I could use the subscription to a no auto sat radio. I might consider getting a mobile sat one.

3. marshac

marshac New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Maybe it's a placebo effect since it's costing me money, but I swear the audio quality is better now than it was during my promo. A station I listen to frequently- ReachMD- will often have guests on the show via telephone. During the promo, whenever a guest would make a "s" noise, it was painful- I had to turn the treble all the way down. That problem is gone now- it's as if the bitrate is higher or something.

As for the traffic... I swear the car randomly generates traffic... Rayna (the Nav lady's name) will tell me that there is "slow traffic 5 miles ahead"- I get there and it's clear sailing. 75% of the time the traffic information is bunk in the Seattle area.

4. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When I bought a new car with XM in 2006, I got the first 3 years at $77/year by telling them to cancel when renewal time came. They transferred me to their retention department (or some such name) and asked what it would take to keep me as a customer. I knew there was a $77 option to retain customers so I asked for that.

You had to be willing to cancel to get that rate because sometimes they would just cheerfully close your account. That topic cam up frequently on one of the Corvette forums.

Also, have them bill you so you don't have to give them your credit card number, they keep billing if you do. At least they did then.