1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

*FREEBIE* Double DIN custom Prius background

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by macbookamateur, Jun 24, 2016.

1. macbookamateur

macbookamateur New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey All,
    I'm happy to make my first real contribution to the PC community. I recently upgraded my entire sound system in my 07, and installed a Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS head unit. With double DIN head units these days, they often let you customize the background image, so I whipped up a Prius specific one on my lunch break. I'm trying to minimize the aftermarket appearance of the new gear, and a toyota branded screen will definitely help.

It's sized to 800x480 - the resolution most touch screen head units currently feature.

I thought it might be nice for anyone else with a double DIN HU looking for a "stock-ish" background image.

Attached Files:

2. peecee

peecee Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have the exact same head unit. Getting reading to install it, and love the background. Thanks!

Ajourney101 likes this.
  3. macbookamateur

macbookamateur New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, glad this helped! I ended up making a second version of this shortly after. If you're connecting your iphone via USB then the Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS ads an "APPS" section to the top left of the home screen. I felt like this obstructed the background a little too much for my taste, so the second version of the background image fits the Prius logo in between the interface elements. :)

Attached Files:

ColoradoCrow and Ajourney101 like this.
  4. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was hoping this was about free HU.

5. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks for this. It would be good to see HU that work with Apple Car play that accept a custom background. Severel Pioneers do. Some Kenwoods do also but there is no list. I might have to work on that......