1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Freeway exit map

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Phil1844, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Phil1844

Phil1844 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi. I'm the (proud) new owner of my first Prius, a 2018 Prius Four with the Advanced Technology and Convenience Packages. I've already been enjoying the help I've found in this forum for some of my initial questions, but I have a couple about the navigation system that I haven't yet been able to answer.

One is about the secondary map from the freeway exit screen. I can get to this map by pushing the button that appears next to the POI icons that appear for the next exit coming up. It then opens in a new screen at the bottom of the tablet display. But I can't find any key to the POI icons on that secondary map. For example, they seem to include national flags for some reason. Is there a key somewhere (in the manual or online) that I haven't found?

Also, can this secondary map be used to navigate to a specific POI. In other words, if I can interpret the icons and find the destination I want (say a restaurant or a motel), is there some way to reset my destination to stop next at that place?

wfolta likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Country flags represent restaurant cuisines. (e.g. chinese, indian, italian etc). If the POI restaurant type is unknown, then you get the generic fork and spoon icon. There's no key as far as I know. Occasionally, they'll list some of the more common icons in the Navigation Manual. Page 217 lists some of more obscure ones.

Inputting is all done on the main screen, so the secondary screen is strictly for display.

RCO and Phil1844 like this.
  3. Phil1844

Phil1844 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Many thanks for the explanation.

RCO likes this.