1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Freeway Straight Line Stability

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FredWB, Feb 6, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Bust their chops big time on the door ding.

That is totally unacceptable.

And (speaking from experience) make sure they get the color right when THEY REPAIR THEIR DAMAGE AND PAY FOR IT !!!

I had a paint match issue with my repaired gas pipe door (Driftwood Pearl): they shipped in a new door that had be painted to "precise vehicle color codes".

It was an 1980's "bronzy-gold" reminiscent of a Pontiac Firebired; not even in the same galaxy!

They finally got it right, but it took a lot of my time to make it so.

Bob

2. FredWB

FredWB New Member

You know I went in today early and was very nice....big mistake. They offered to give me touch up paint! I have to admit it did not look as bad as it did when I got home tonight in the bright light. I put a photo in the general photo section. It almost looks like a chemical attack...nothing in my garage is at knee height where the defect is. And I don't park near anything or anyone, never take the car to lunch (hurts mpg, lol), and have not driven anywhere but to work.

I have to go on vacation out of town tomorrow so I've taken 2 pics and sent them to the service manager with a letter asking him what would he want done if it was his car...a non-professional fix or the car door as new. The service writer sounded put out by it all and there's even a scratch right into the rear bumper that will not buff out. All of this is impossible to prove who did it but I KNOW I didn't and another car could not have done this...except for the bumper.

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If the service manager isn't responsive to your request, ask to speak with the owner of the dealership. They are usually very receptive to customer complaints because they know how word of mouth can either save or kill a car dealership.

Last summer when my car got wrecked I got the Body Shop manager fired (not at my suggestion) over his incompentencies and unwillingness to work with me. After that my car was treated like royalty.

There is no reason that a dealership shouldn't pay to have that fixed - it's their fault and you shouldn't have to lift a finger to have it fixed. A tube of touch up paint is an insult and I'd be loud and clear that I took it as one.

4. Erick

Erick Member

I think I have to take my car back to the dealer because my alignment is way off... I have to physically turn the wheel to the right if I want to go straight. If I let the wheel alone, I go into the left lane. It's pretty squirrly too when I drove over 70. The wheel shimmies and tries to get away from me. I used to think it was just the crosswinds doing this but now I think it is just bad allignment. I just find it hard to believe that this car would handle that badly in the same winds my lighter and just as tall Suzuki Aerio SX handles well in.

What is the whole "toe" thing that some people get adjusted?