1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Frequency of NAV DVD updates

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dk2463, Jul 16, 2009.

1. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are only a few companies that provide the data for the GPS units. TeleNav and NAVTEQ come to mind, but I may be wrong. However, I see no reason why an update for a portable unit is so much less expensive than spending close to $300 at a Toyota dealer. I purchased a later version on Craigs List for $50 (ver . Yes it was a copy but it worked and I didn't take anything out of Toyota's pocket. Why? Because in a million years I would NOT spend ~$300 on a data disk. I live in NYC, when do you think they last updated the roads here? I couldn't care less about POIs as I have an iPhone if I need to look up something. I only need good road data. To me $50 was fair. Ver 7.1

2. Holmesman

Holmesman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Where do you get the update? I've googled DENSO and can't find anything about it. Do you call the dealer or is it something you can purchase on the Internet?

Thanks.