1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

From love it to hate it : how my Toyota [Prius] journey comes to an end

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prius_fr, Feb 13, 2007.

1. prius_fr

prius_fr New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ Feb 14 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]390574[/snapback]</div>
    No this quote was from the two dealers and Toyota Corporate became involved after I filed my Lemon Law case.

And yes that's a good idea: I'm going to call the CA DMV today and ask them if I can get a waiver transfer in the [hypothetical] event I get a new Prius. Thanks !

2. darrylp

darrylp New Member

I'd be angry too. You have every reason to complain at length here, I hope it lowered your blood pressure a notch!

Service is clearly the issue. Same problem six times is very different from six separate problems. With multiple problems it is fair to question the entire company, or the Prius design, or both.

But with one problem repeatedly, this is just lousy service. Worse than lousy. Toyota shouldn't replace the car, they should replace the dealership. If they threatened to drop that dealer I'm sure he would roll some heads in his service dept. <_<

Getting qualified technicians is VERY difficult. Anyone with capabilities can move to an industrial job where he is always in air conditioning and always right side up. Oh, yes, more pay and better benefits too.

This is why components can only be replaced, not repaired. Takes less knowledge and less time. Of course a lot of perfect components get replaced sometimes, blame the unskilled technician again.

Please, vent your anger where it belongs, on the dealer. I might buy another Toyota sometime, but I sure wouldn't talk to THAT dealer. And I'd make sure Toyota knows where the blame truly lies.

3. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ken Cooper @ Feb 15 2007, 08:34 AM) [snapback]390834[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe not 104 times but it sure as heck felt like it, I dumped it after it left me stranded on vacation, I replaced that turbo twice both from audi dealership which wasn't too cheap. I do miss the quattro but I agree the gadgets in the Prius as well as the drivetrain made it irresistable.