1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

From Ohare to Eternity

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Apr 27, 2017.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: Giant bunny dies on United Airlines flight to O'Hare Airport | syracuse.com

Less than one month after United Airlines faced controversy after kicking a man off an overbooked flight, a giant rabbit died on one of its planes.

Workers found Simon, the 10 month old, 3-foot long rabbit, in the cargo section of a Boeing 767 at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, reports Fox News. This is the same airport where security officers dragged Dr. David Dao off an overbooked flight.

Before the flight from London's Heathrow Airport to O'Hare, a veterinarian checked Simon to make sure he was fit to fly, reports The Sun.

Bob Wilson

RCO likes this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't fly......
    Don't care.

If, GOD forbid, I have to take a one-way to pick up a car or I'm otherwise compelled to take a trip then I'm pretty sure that I can endure a few hours in the cattle-car section of whatever airline I have to fly with.
    10 submarine patrols have hardened me to being bugged by close proximity to other humans, and there's a 100-percent sure fire, can't fail, way to stop somebody from interrupting me while I read......

......pull out a Bible. ;)

As far as the wabbit I'm thinking that they're predisposed to sudden-onset, get scared enough to have a heart-attack syndrome.
    When life hands you a dead three foot rabbit, make the mother of all jackelopes, or sell two REALLY big rabbits foots......something that I've never really understood since they're decidedly not lucky for the rabbit.... :confused:

As far as United?
    I don't think that their stock will be affected one bit in the long term by the rabbit or the doctor.
    Both will be covered by insurance.....and they will have to write down some unforeseen 'sensitivity' training.

Other than that?
    Meh.....
    Slow news week.

#2 ETC(SS), Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    RCO likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if i ever meet a three foot rabbit, i maybe the one to suffer sudden onset heart attack.

jerrymildred and RCO like this.
  4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    After success as a Mall Santa, mall boss asked me back to do Easter Bunny. Unwisely, I accepted. But point is that at the time there were 'lucky' (fake) human fingers sold in response to those rabbit feet.

Regret to report mall boss' vetoed that idea.

5. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Better start swotting up on Alice in Wonderland so you're prepared for that eventuality. ;)

bisco likes this.
  6. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I used to fly United a lot. But, like all the others, they have gone down hill a little. This one from Twitter kinda says it all:

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 6.44.44 AM.png

Data Daedalus and bisco like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's funny, i've never flown regularly. maybe a couple times a year at most. i have never had an issue with airlines. not to say everything is always perfect, because it's obviously a difficult task moving so many people around the world, especially in today's environment.

8. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They do have a tough job, but I still think it's a huge social experiment to see just how much crappola people will take and still hand over big wads of money to them. LOL!

RCO likes this.
  9. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Apparently, the poor Wabbit arrived safely, but was transferred into a FRIDGE COMPARTMENT in the holding area at the airport, with the temperature turned down low to about 1c or 2c for good measure, obviously by some cheaply paid dimwit who was assured an IQ in three figures wasn't required for that important job (hence the pay being the metaphorical equivalent of the odd bag of weevil infested peanuts).

That's who really killed de Wabbit! A dumkopf who obviously failed Biology, Physics and doubtlessly, Chemistry at school.....

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

iPhone ?

RCO and bisco like this.
  10. jerrymildred

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LOL! Reminds me of my theory on most of the guards at the entrance to the factory where I used to work ... and even more so for the TSA employees at the airports. The hiring scouts found them sleeping at the bus depot and offered them an easy job. :eek:

Data Daedalus, RCO and bisco like this.
  11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my wife said to me last night at casa de subway, 'why don't they hire better employees?'. i just looked at her in amazement.

Data Daedalus, RCO and jerrymildred like this.