1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front an rear glass heaters??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Baldbubba, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Baldbubba

Baldbubba Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i am able to have the front glass heater to come on like it was when i turned the car off, however every time i start the car, the rear has to be re-activated. is there any way to have it come like the front does with the starting of the car?
    thanks in advance for any knowledge you are willing to share!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think it's an electronic switch which is deactivated when the power is off. i wish the seat heaters were like that instead of positional, i always forget to turn it off. isn't the front defroster conditioned air from the climate control setting which is fixed?

3. Baldbubba

Baldbubba Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    you are correct,, it is so cold out the i want to warm the car and get glass cleared with minimal amout of time out in the cold.. i spray deicer on glass and 10 minutes running the car is clean, it is toasty warm inside the car.. yes i know my mpg goes down,, but it is worth that to not have the old days of a VW beetle that you had to drive with windows down so you didnt have frost on the inside,, they had no heater just warm air off the engine... so life is good!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, i used to have a tr4 with no heat and holes in the floor. i had to keep a blanket in the car for my girlfriends of which i had very few. hmmm...

5. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Defogger.jpg
    If you connect to chassis (ground) the yellow wire in the center left of the diagram above marked (RRDEF) either directly or though a switch the rear defrost and mirrors will come on when the ignition is on and stay on till the ignition is turned off. (no timer)

John (Britpius)

6. Baldbubba

Baldbubba Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thanks for all your help,,,,,