1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front bumper access panel

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gen 2 Tom, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After going to the car wash I noticed the access panel on the front bumper hanging by a cord. My first thought was Toyota did the right thing, adding a cord to this door. You might ask why should it fall out.

Is that panel for a tow eye?

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes - the tow eye is in your boot/trunk. [There have been a few posts of the access panel falling out and getting lost in carwashes.]

3. priusgto

priusgto Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had one hanging at some point during a long trip last summer so when I got home I used a few dabs of RTV silicone on both of them.

4. Jmack111

Jmack111 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you talking about the undercover panel splash guard i stuck screws between the three panels that are all splash guards and make sure you line up the wheel well so it's not sticking out first then tighten all of them together with screws so it are you self tapping sheet metal screws or you could drill them when put in normal for it screws with wide threads I hate odd noises I did both front and back you can reach around so your not hitting any thing

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    He's talking about the little (body color) flap on the front vertical face of "bumper", the toe hook socket in behind there.