1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Bumper Circle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ssmithri, Nov 7, 2004.

1. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Roger.... JUST KIDDING

2. O-Mel-Prius

O-Mel-Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    [<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ssmithri @ Nov 7 2004, 10:54 PM) [snapback]49084[/snapback]</div>
    I did a search and found this old topic. I just notice the circle on my 2007.
    Attached is a photo, has anyone had to use it?
    Anyone try to pulling it out and getting in back on, without damage?
    Melody

Attached Files:

3. O-Mel-Prius

O-Mel-Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mel in Mass @ Sep 23 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]516636[/snapback]</div>
    Looks like the towing eyelet that screws in there is used for more then emergency towing.
    SkanDale from Norway, posted this photo of his car just delivered to the dealer.
    Thanks for posting the photo SkanDale. Review his post and photo at this address:

PrisChat Forum

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=39111&hl=

Melody

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mel in Mass @ Sep 23 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]516636[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Melody,

Welcome. FYI, I have pulled the round tow hole cover off and put it back on twice without damage. It's sort of like the center of a CD jewel box and a lot of other things --- you exert a little pressure at the correct angle to pop it out, and then push to pop it back in. I was able to just use my finger nails to pop it out. But you can use any small, flat and thin metel tip (like a screwdrive or a butter knife) to pry it off too.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mel in Mass @ Sep 24 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]516931[/snapback]</div>
    The towing eyelet can be used for a lot of things besides the odd emergency towing situation (when there's no tow truck around, or when the car is stuck in a ditch or lake). For example, it can be used to tie down and stabilize a canoe, surfboard, mattress or other long item that you're hauling on top of your roof. Similarly, it can be used to tie down and stabilize the car during transportation --- which I bet was the case with skanDALE's car --- his dealer's picture of skanDALE's car with the tow eyelet screwed in was taken when the car had just been delivered to his dealer's lot.

6. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suggest a plastic butter knife inserted from the lower portion of the circle. Seemed to come out easiest that way.