1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front bumper removal...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by vinnysca, May 29, 2007.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

I can't remember who posted a step by step front bumper removal. Does anyone remember the topic title on this board? I am planning to replace my cracked foglight myself.

Or, does anyone know another way of replacing the foglight assembly without removing the front bumper?

thanks guys!

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That may have been me. I know I posted pictured but I no longer have them. I posted the pics in relation to my HID foglight install.

The bumper is pretty easy though. Open the hood and take out all ofthe black plactic pins that run along the top edge of the bumper where it meets the black plastic shroud covering. The center of the pins pops up and then the whole plug pulls out. About 10 of them or something like that. There are also two bolts that hold the hood bump stops that need to come out.

Then look in the fender well where the painted bumper edge close to the tire meets the black fender well liner and close to the joint where they bumper and fender come together. There is a single bolt on each side of the car, remove that.

Then after jacking the car up and using blocks or jackstands, crawl under the car and take out all of the bolts that connect the bottom of the front bumper to the underside splash pan, probablyu 10 of those too.

Once those are all out, lay a blanket in front of you car and then just start at one side of the car and gently pull the edge of the bumper away from the car towards the side of the car, pull away from the car. The front bumper has some plastic snap hooks that it attatches to. They will pop out. Then work your way across the front and the bumper just pops off, it is very flexible. Lay it down on the bumper and you can easily change out the fog light as it is lying on the blanket.

To put it back on just be careful to make sure the side plastic clips pieces slide in correctly to attatch to the front fender and snap in place. Then replace all of the bolts and plugs.

I did this from memory; hope I got it right. It should actually only take about 10 minutes to take it off and put it on. Good luck.

3. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Thank you.

Another poster sent me a PDF file from Toyota that outlines and shows where all the nuts and bolts are. It seems that I probably can just remove the foglight assembly without removing the whole entire bumper. It is apparently held in place via 4 snaps in each corner.

I won't try this yet as I have yet to receive my foglight from the ebay seller.

Thank you.

4. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Thank you.

Another poster sent me a PDF file from Toyota that outlines and shows where all the nuts and bolts are. It seems that I probably can just remove the foglight assembly without removing the whole entire bumper. It is apparently held in place via 4 snaps in each corner.

I won't try this yet as I have yet to receive my foglight from the ebay seller.

Thank you.

5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinny @ May 29 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]451783[/snapback]</div>
    Are you getting the regular, HID or LED foglights?

Wayne

6. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

It's just the regular for lamps.