1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Dust boot and bump stops

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Autoconfig, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Autoconfig

Autoconfig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hi All,

I am successfully running my Prius(140k miles) without any issue so far, Last week I took my Prius to the service center, service center people told me few parts need to be replaced(replace front dust boots and bump stops, also front strut replacement) it is 2007 model, they gave me 3k quote for all this, I am trying to understand parts cost before I paid to the service.

can you ping me links if you have any parts?

Thanks

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure which service center you're patronizing, but I would guess just about any Toyota dealer can beat a 3k quote for two (2) front struts (with dust boots and bump stops).. and even after the dealer finishes liberating your wallet you will still have enough left over for a rebuilt Dorman HV battery and a fancy coffee drink of your choice.

If this was a quote from a local stealership, please let everyone know who it was and then shop around for additional quotes.

Maybe you left something out of the quote, any additional parts/labor that needed servicing?

Here are some front suspension prices for a 2007 touring model : 2007 Toyota Prius Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping

Here are some front suspension prices for a 2007 base model
    : 2007 Toyota Prius Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Using all oem parts front and rear struts including all boots and front bearings Installed by Goodyear car shop was $1100 out the door.

I bought all the parts Toyota online Olathe I believe and they installed them. $500 parts $500 labor.

Nothing special at all about a Prius suspension it's like any other car.
    I bought new tires too.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It will feel like a new car again.

Struts are good for about. 60000 miles. after that they are doing nothing.
    Which means it will feel like a little stage coach when it hits bumps.
    KAbam.....