1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front end damage - 2022 nightshade

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by MylesPg, May 5, 2022.

1. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    GREAT! Happy for you and your family. I can imagine how good it feels to have it back! :)

2. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glad it's back! It took forever to get mine back after she took out a deer last year, too.

I'm confused at how the auto-brake feature didn't activate since you said she hit a parked car. I've tested mine....put a big box in front of the car the drove into it....it auto-braked, played a loud beep, and a big red "BRAKE" displayed on the dash...and it stopped a few inches short of the box.

MikeV likes this.
  3. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    It WILL stop in time IF your speed is slow enough. However, as the manual stresses, DO NOT RELY ON IT TO, ;). From the looks of the damage, my first question would be “who were you texting”? ;).
    With that being said, mine is set to the highest settings, and it did allow me to make contact with an object as I was pulling into my garage at a super low speed. So again, at the risk of being repetitive, ….. :)

#23 Doug McC, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    ColoradoBoo likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LOL! I put a screen over our garage door. It's the kind that has a slit in the middle with magnets to close it back up after you drive through it. When my wife backs her car into the garage, it freaks out and slams on the brakes.

Doug McC likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Post an “after” pic? Or would it be boring, just another pristine Prime?

6. beef jiggles

beef jiggles Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    $9k is about right for a competent shop and dealer parts.

Plenty of bozos out there doing cheap shoddy body work. I’m sure you could get it done for less but they’d put it back together with drywall screws or some shit. Seen it 100 times.

Maybe don’t let your teenage kid drive your new vehicle again. Buy them a car built the same year they were born. That’s what I had.

Doug McC likes this.