1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front End Masks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by blubrid, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Don-RI

Don-RI Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone have any history with their black front end mask on their Prius 2004? What are you likes & dislikes? Do you recommend it?

I'm looking at ordering one now that autumn is here, but am aware of there are on-going pro and con debates over installing a mask.

Thanks!

2. JimNoVA

JimNoVA New Member

I purchased my 2004 Prius Front End Mask Here: http://www.coastaletech.com/front_end_mask.htm

3. JimNoVA

JimNoVA New Member

I purchased my 2004 Prius Front end Factory Mask here, an outfit in Florida for $119. (Please dont tell me if you found one less expensive!!! lol) JimNova

4. JimNoVA

JimNoVA New Member

5. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

Charlieh, you mentioned a CLEAR 3m bra..

do you have anymore info on this product ???

Thanks. :?

6. gary40

gary40 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got my 05 Prius (In Tideland Pearl) today! I would like to put on a front end bra. Do they come with bug screens for the upper and lower grilles? I can't tell by looking at the photos on the parts websites.

7. HYACK

HYACK New Member

gary,

I can tell you if the one I purchased does, in about a week when they're due. I don't think so however.. perhaps you could just attach a custom fit screen?

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    -no bugscreen. not really needed. seriously.
    -fits kinda loose on the top, but eventually stretches out and looks good.
    -make sure the mask is warm when you install
    -no real need to take it off when wet or when washing the car. we went 3 months with no adverse effects. some have gone longer.
    -wax the finish beforehand, it made me feel better anyway
    -great protection against stonechips and bugs. my paint is flawless in the front end (the door ding is a story for another day)
    -easy to install. really. didn't take long.
    -except putting the tabs in next to the headlights. serious pain. get a screwdriver. but watch the paint!
    -um. what else. i clean mine monthly with mothers back to black to protect from fade and keep it shiny.
    -$110 from the local dealer (southeast) with hubby's parts discount (and no shipping charges!)

-see pics in my album or PM me for any more info...