1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front end vibration (potential drive train) occurs at electric gas crossover point

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Randall71, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Randall71

Randall71 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    When I have my foot on the gas pedal and the power bar is up past the halfway mark say between 52 and 65% right about the point the engine begins power the vehicle if I hold the gas right at that spot it start vibrating and shaking . It’s not smooth at that spot it’s choppy and makes the front end vibrate. If I hit the gas so power bar gets up in the red it goes away then if I let off and then hold the power at that same mark it starts doing it again. Sometimes if I let off and don’t even put my foot back on the gas when the power bar passes back through that spot it will shake a little as well. Had it in for inspection two weeks ago, alignments we’re fine they checked my tie rods etc and everything checked out. Service manager rode with me today and I was able to show him what it was doing. Taking it in tomorrow so mechanic can ride with him.

anyone ever experienced this problem? Know what it is etc

thanks in advance for any help

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?

have you done the recommended egr circuit cleaning?

3. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Failed transmission input damper fits this description. Makes a hell of a racket. Goes away at high power, just as you observe.

Engine has to come out of the car to access, so you want to be certain you have correct diagnosis. I'm in the middle of sorting this out in my 2010. I'll post my experience, probably in about a week.

#3 Nor'easter, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  4. Randall71

Randall71 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    150,000 don’t think I’ve done that. I’ll ask about it tomorrow when I take it. What is it exactly does it do

thank you for your response .

bisco likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    this is informative, and there's lots of threads here.
    watch