1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front glass no longer automatically raises properly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ppravier, Jun 24, 2014.

1. ppravier

ppravier New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

A few days ago the 12V battery of my Prius II went flat.
    We got the car to start by connecting it with the 12V battery of another car.

Since then we have got a problem when we raise the front glass on the driver side automatically: if we trigger it so that it automatically goes all the way to the top it will no longer stop at the highest position. It will instead raise to the top, then go back down and stop at the middle.
    We can still raise the glass by manually using the button and stopping manually at the right moment.

I am guessing that the car does not "remember" what is the correct "highest position" of the glass, and that this memory was lost because of the battery discharge.

Do you know if there is a way to "teach" this to the car again ?

Thanks.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You have to re-program the window. Roll it down half way and then roll it back up completely. That should do it.....simple.

This has to be done every time you disconnect the 12v or whenever it completely drains.

3. quietmouse

quietmouse New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    He said it ^! Here I was getting excited because I thought I knew a little something haha! ;)

4. ppravier

ppravier New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your advice, it worked ! A little bit differently in my case, but it was similar:
    I raised the glass to the highest level, maintained it there 2 seconds. Then the car remembered the position.