1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front left light out

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Jun 7, 2012.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It seems my driver's side headlight bulb is out.
    OK, let's get untechnical. ;) It's the one in the obviously round outside light.
    That is, lights on just gives me a dim central light while high beam gives a good light.

So, obviously I don't work on my car. ;)

I just want to avoid an expensive trip to the dealer who'll insist that replacing the bulb is a time-consuming process involving removing lots of parts to get to the housing. But, I'd rather take it to my local garage.

I've been told that in the Gen 2 you could squeeze your hand in to replace the bulb. Does anyone know if there are shortcuts in the Gen 3 for bulb replacement?

2. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    The driver's side bulb is easy to replace. It's the passenger side bulb that's a bit of a squeeze.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The owners manual has a DIY maintenance section, which includes light bulb replacement instructions & bulb types. Very easy to do yourself.