1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front license plate screws?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Nebo, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Nebo

Nebo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I just moved from GA to CA and will soon need to install licence plates on the front of the car.
    I have the mount for this, but not the screws, and know from a PDF that I had found what the measurements for the License Plate screws are.
    However, I need the measurements (length/diameter/pitch) for, what I gather, is supposedly a self-tapping screw meant to attach the Plate Bracket to the Front Bumper, via the dimples.
    Does anyone know where I can find these? Thank you

2. NavyLCDR

NavyLCDR Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Those screws are just going into the soft plastic of the bumper cover so their dimensions are not critical. You do want fairly short screws, probably 1/2 - 3/8" and wide enough to firmly hold the bracket. The screws that came with my wife's brand new 2017 Dodge Caravan for the front plate were not wide enough to adequately hold the license plate mounting bracket and we lost it somewhere (probably in a car wash). The two screws were still in the bumper cover, completely untouched as if nothing had ever been there at all. I used washers when I put the new bracket on so the screws would not pull out of the mounting slots as easily as before.