1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front License Plate

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by rlalford, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I wish front plates were mandatory, and that manufacturers were required to design their bumpers so that the license plate is somehow recessed, with fasteners similar to the rear hatch plate, and not going to be the first bit that hits, in the event of a collision.

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    But different countries have different size of number plates. Why is it bad thing that the number plate is the first thing that hits if you drive into the wall? Now if you drive very slowly to wall you might get slight bend in the license plate. If it wasn’t there you probably would get scratch in the paint of the bumper.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Bumpers used to be substantial, have an unpainted black rubber contact strip, were reasonably durable. The license plate was recessed or lower.

Now, when someone behind you is to busy texting, you typically end up with an embossed copy of their license plate bolts.

4. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I wish that the front plate wasnt flushed into the bumper. I want to have a side mount tow hook plate but dont want the indent of the plate to be left naked. Just doesnt look right.