1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Occupant Detection Module Problem

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by sandro1992, Feb 27, 2019.

1. sandro1992

sandro1992 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Hello to everyone. I have an issue with Prius V 2012.

With or without occupant in my car, Air-Bag Light always shows OFF. Plus belt buckle indicator for passenger does not show up on dashboard. I went to technician, he plugged the computer diagnostics, there are no errors in system, only was showing that belt buckle was attached when in reality it was not attached.....the guy said that it might be some kind of issue with belt buckle or occupant detector. Yesterday i plugged of two connectors from occupant detector, and to surprise Yellow Air-Bag indicator disappeared, so when my mamma sat as an occupant indicator light went to "ON" and airbag started to working......but today started the same problem....it still says that Air-Bag is OFF....P.S Weight sensors also work, we weighted while diagnosing through computer and it weighted my normally.....any suggestion? did someone had such issue in past?

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The system is designed to have the passenger air bag off unless there is a person over a certain weight in the seat. This is to protect children who can be hurt by the air bag release. So my guess is the belt buckle showing attached when it is not is the problem that needs to be fixed. Probably in the fixed part of the buckle latch itself. May be an electrical connection activated by the movable part that comes and goes. Could need an cleaning or a new buckle. I am surprised that a Toyota tech would not know how to quickly troubleshoot this...

buckle switch.jpg