1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front parking light replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ucsmfu, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Philatc

Philatc Pushing Tin

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I can't remember where I saw this on Priuschat but it helped me find the bulb. Its a W5W and if you want you can go to, Super Bright Automotive W5W 2825 2827 168 194 LED Light Bulbs to find your bulb in a led. My bulb is coming today along with some other items I ordered. Hope this helps :D

Attached Files:

phoenixgreg likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. chuck112281

chuck112281 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    On the v, used the following V-Leds on the front side marker/parking/position lamps. Very nice output and far greater conspicuity.

AMBER 4 LED HIGH POWER FLANK BULBS 194 168 158 | 1 PAIR - Amber LED - Parking Marker Lights - Bulb Type

Left side bulb holds short of a PITA. Accessing the right side bulb is every bit the b*tch described by the Toyota tech, but can be done by the shade tree mechanic. Requires removing the radiator overflow hose from the nipple on the expansion tank (clamp) and removing the retaining bolt on the air intake nozzle (10mm), moving both aside for access, and having "seeing eye hands", not so much to locate and remove, but to orient and reinstall the lamp.

5. rickeagle

rickeagle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I fought the passenger side marker light (behind the AMBER lens) replacement for 2 hours and had no luck after both; disconnecting the air intake breather and also removing the coolant reservoir. I just can not get my hand in far enough to grab onto the end of the bulb socket.

I will probably drop the front bumper panel to remove the damn headlight for access.

I have some nice T-10 base LEDs for all of the sockets but this one is a bitch.

6. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is there a diagram for removing the front bumper that shows where all the clips and bolts are that need to be removed? I tried to install new LED headlight bulbs and my hands are just too big to get the new larger LED bulb housings in. I tried for hours with no luck. I was barely able to install the old halogen bulbs. I figure it would take less time to remove the bumper and headlights and replace the bulbs that way. What a PITA changing those headlight bulbs is.

7. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  8. compac

compac PSU, Metallic Blue Ribbon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV