1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front passenger and rear driver and passenger side windows not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hybrid GUID, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Hybrid GUID

Hybrid GUID New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Community,

I recently had to replace my evaporator on my Gen 2 Prius and had to take the entire dash apart to get to it. After replacing the evaporator and putting everything back together, my front passenger and rear driver and passenger side windows no longer work.

I also couldn't find where these two attached connectors go to. Note: The placement of the wires may not be their original locations but roughly in the correct general areas as they each have another wire from the same part of the loom that did have a connection to connect to.

Anyone have any ideas why my 3 windows no longer work and where those connectors connect to?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Hybrid GUID

Hybrid GUID New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update: Turns out it was my window lock preventing the other 3 windows from responding :rolleyes:.

Anyone know where those 2 other connectors go?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A14, A15, A16 all look like that top 5-position one (if that's what I'm seeing in the picture); they connect to the three HVAC damper servos.

A9 looks kind of like that 4-position one, for the room temperature sensor.

But there are other connectors in the connector list that also could look like those, if they aren't those.

4. Hybrid GUID

Hybrid GUID New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the HVAC damper servos identified as 87106N in this diagram? [​IMG]

Thanks for the help!

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The three different servos are called out there as 87106 H, J, and N.

Presumably you have at least two of them plugged back in already. And to the original connectors, as they look like they would fit each other. Shuffling them around probably wouldn't hurt anything permanently, but the operation of the HVAC would be sort of entertaining.

6. Hybrid GUID

Hybrid GUID New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah I see, chances are it goes to H or J based on how far the connector will reach. I'll follow the wires and where they're held in place in order to give a clue as to which ones they're supposed to connect to.

Thanks a ton, I really didn't want to pull everything apart again.

7. Hybrid GUID

Hybrid GUID New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So apparently it needed to be plugged into J as it was the only would it could reach.

Now on to the room temperature sensor. Is there any other connection that 4-position connector could connect to? According to this page:
    Toyota Prius Cabin Air Temperature Sensor - 8862548070 | Sheehy Toyota, Fredericksburg VA
    and the below diagram, it points out to what I believe is it per my attached picture and already has a big white encased wire plugged into it.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was just thumbing through the Connector List section of the wiring diagram (more info) looking for shapes that resembled your photo; there are surely more you could look at. (The Connector List does also mention color, so you can skip the ones that are similar shapes but blue or white or whatnot.)

I don't know what I am looking at in your most recent photo. Something seems to be missing.

9. Hybrid GUID

Hybrid GUID New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you that list is very helpful!

With regards to the picture I sent, it appears to be the cabin air temperature sensor, or so I believe. The front face I sent in that picture is just that unless something came off from previous work done to it. The lower dash trim piece that goes under the steering wheel has cut outs for the sensor per red circle in this newly attached picture.

Attached Files: