1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Passenger Door won’t open from the inside

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Got2bHam, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Got2bHam

Got2bHam Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi guys I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. Earlier today I had a passenger with me in my 2012 Prius C. We made a couple of stops and everything was normal. However, when I went to drop them off they couldn’t open the passenger door. I had to open it from the outside to let them out. This is front passenger door so I am assuming there wouldn’t be a child lock setting for it and from what I hear or see it sounds like it’s working correctly. I did have a mysterious popping noise coming from this door but that issue turned out to be a loose bolt on the window mechanism. So I’m wondering if the dealership mechanic didn’t put the door panel back on correctly? I’m planning on making an appointment but if I could avoid a dealer visit that’d be great! Thoughts?

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If the door lock rod to the inner door handle lever wasn't connected correctly, it could feel like it's doing something, but not actually be doing anything. The outer door is connected through a different rod, so it will work when the inner handle is disconnected. I'd have them check that they put everything back together correctly.