1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front passenger side collision repair.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertJPN, May 20, 2022.

1. RobertJPN

RobertJPN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After a small but fairly damaging collision, some parts need to be replaced aside from a bumper/light unit/fender replacement. I would appreciate knowing their professional names (part number?). If this job is too big for “home repair” I would probably have to second-mortgage my residence to afford having it done at a repair shop. Thanks for all possible help! Greetings from Tokyo!

Attached Files:

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Can only name the parts in English, and not very professionally.

One looks like a headlight housing, and it won't be cheap. The other looks like the HID headlight leveling thingy.

Not sure if either will translate to the local parts jockey, best to show them the posted images and they will give you the needed part numbers.

Once you have the part #s, this site might save you some money vs a dealership : Amayama.com

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.

3. RobertJPN

RobertJPN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello! Thank you very much for all info!
    In the meantime, I did some checking and used parts are readily available online (light, bumper & 1/4 panel) the rest not so much and new / original parts might be needed. Lastly, just for information, I received a professional estimate from a local repair shop; over 210,000 yen total… I’m seriously considering replacing the car for another one since it is not practical to fix it myself. Thank you very much again for your kind and informative reply!

ColoradoCrow and SFO like this.
  4. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Yikes, $1,650.00 seems like a lot but if that includes paint work then I guess that is about correct these days here in the US.

5. RobertJPN

RobertJPN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you.:) Yes, as you mentioned, service charges are high all over the place. And maybe uniquely here in Japan, there are just not enough people to do all this labor intensive work including car body repair. The main option here is to just replace parts when available rather than repair them. Also, second generation Prius has no resale value here at all, so these cars are being exported a bit still or sold as parts. I think their lifespan is approaching the end. One dealer even said he would take it to “recycle” if I paid *him* 30,000 yen:). I did find a buyer for it, though!:) He offered 50,000 yen so I sold it! Next step? Newer Prius….:) Once again, thank you very much for taking time out to help!