1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Side Marker Light Bulb Replacement

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lukey51, May 26, 2022.

1. Lukey51

Lukey51 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Can anyone link to a video that explains this? One local place wanted to charge $45 labor + the price of a bulb to replace this bulb.
    I took out my parking light bulb, and could not remove the holder for the side marker light, and when I put the parking light bulb holder back in it's socket, it no longer seems to work. I think I just need a new bulb for that and I can do that myself, but how do I remove the drivers side front marker light socket to replace the bulb? I was able to unplug them both, but could not remove the front marker light socket. I thought it should turn out counter clockwise. I'd love to replace these for the cost of a couple bulbs.

And I think I should get the bulbs at Walmart, they're likely much less expensive than Auto Zone or Advanced Auto.

2. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The lights need to go in a certain way, electricity only can flow through it in one way, if it does not turns on, take it out flip it and insert it again, it should turn on.

Here is a video on how to remove them.

Lukey51 likes this.
  3. Lukey51

Lukey51 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I replaced both the parking light and side marker light today.
    One car repair place near here would have charged me for 1/2 an hour labor ($45), plus the price of the bulbs, plus tax.
    I said good grief, I'll replace them myself, it can't be rocket science and it isn't. I got two 2825 bulbs at Walmart for $5.23.

Sonic_TH likes this.