1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Spoiler: 2 different part numbers. Interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by muze, Apr 26, 2021.

1. muze

muze New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Luxury
    Hi everyone! First time poster but I’ve read through tonnes of the threads here when we started planning to buy our Prius. I’ve a 2013 ZW30 Prius Luxury (though some VIN decoders call it T4) that we bought about a month ago. It drives like a dream!

Recently, I noticed that the black bit under the front bumper (front spoiler?) is quite badly damaged. Seems like someone has tried to mend it with either little success or it’s gotten worse.

I’m thinking of replacing the whole part but found 2 different parts for the same spot. Right now, the car has 76851-47020 but it seems quite difficult to get hold of and is more expensive on eBay. 76851-47030 is what Toyota Parts McGeorge states as the appropriate part number and seems easier for me to get hold off. As far as I can tell from vids and pics, it seems like I have the hardware holes (clip / screw holes) to install the latter. But I’ve no idea whether or not it would actually fit.

Does anyone know if the two parts (versions of the same part?) are interchangeable?

Pics of cracks on the current 47020 part below. Don’t think I could mend it with epoxy. Even if it was possible, I’d doubt my own skills

would love to hear your thoughts thanks!!!

Attached Files:

2. Team_Geek

Team_Geek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was looking at replacing this on my 2010 as well and have been working on deciphering these part numbers.

Best I can tell the ‘30 part number is for US spec cars and the ‘20 part is for Korean models. I have a feeling either would probably ‘fit’...

Not sure if this helps you at all. You can view full diagram to get some hints on what each part goes to.

7685147020 - Cover, front spoiler. Body, interior - Genuine Toyota Part

7685147030 - Valance Panel (Front). SPEC, Body, AREA - Genuine Toyota Part

3. muze

muze New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Luxury
    Thanks! I didn’t know there were Korea, US and Mexico Specs. It seems that the but above it, the radiator support splash shield (52618-47010) also differs between the US and Korean specs. If they were exactly the same, I’d be more confident that the ‘30 and ‘20 parts are interchangeable.

In both cases, the differences in mounting hardware locations are a little to subtle to gauge via diagrams and pictures.
    I doubt there are technical drawings with dimensions online.

Dropping by the dealer’s parts dept on Friday or Tuesday for window visors. Hopefully they’ll know ‍♂️