1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front struts assembly

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Max Pivnenko, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Max Pivnenko

Max Pivnenko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello to the community. I'm going to replace the front struts assembly (2010 Prius). DIY only because of money.
    Loaded struts owing to lack of a garage or my own parking space. Did some research before buying. As I understood KYB is the best choice among aftermarket. But! I've read a lot of reviews and people say that the spring on these struts comes with a larger diameter and rubs against the body after installation.
    Has anyone installed a loaded struts? What to choose? Where to buy? Thanks!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    KYB is generally up pretty decent engineered brand or has been for me over the 30 or so years I've used them that seems as of late many of these things have drastically become quite different apparently. I would think a spring even a little larger diameter shouldn't be really rubbing the body It may not be seated well or something I can't imagine they're a tweaks I'm sure but you probably for just regular street use and non-spirited driving and all that is Prius just go with the loaded pretty much factory OEM type replacement which in itself today may be hard to find people are saying they wear out in 30,000 mi I mean I find that to be quite a stretch but at the price is some of these things sell for quite plausible actually. Now companies are very good at engineering things that do not last long on purpose.