1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front Underbody Spolier Shield OEM or Aftermarket

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by LakeMichBoatGuy, Nov 11, 2020.

1. LakeMichBoatGuy

LakeMichBoatGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello all. We have a wonderful 2013 Plug In (same as a non-plugin for the matter at hand). The forward-most underbody protection panel, which appears to be referred to as a "spoiler" has been damaged. Part of it, on the front driver's side appears to be ripped away, and gone. (See photos)

If I have the correct OEM part identified (spoiler 76851-47030) - as opposed to the lower shield 52618-47050 which appears to sit directly rearward of this forward-most "spoiler - it's approx a $120 OEM part.

Various other sources have an aftermarket replacement part starting at $30. Rock Auto, etc.

We do not have much experience with these aftermarket companies. Our Toyota is "100% Toyota," now, and if in doubt, we would spend the extra $ I suppose.

I imagine this would be a relatively common replacement, something easily damaged by parking blocks, road hazards, etc. And I did read what I could find on the matter.

Any thoughts?

As always, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The non-OEM shield does not come with the insulation.

3. LakeMichBoatGuy

LakeMichBoatGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks Georgina. Where does the OEM spoiler/shield have insulation?

#3 LakeMichBoatGuy, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think he's talking about pieces ahead of the main engine underpanel, and they don't have insulation.

I've had this saved-for-later in an Amazon shopping cart, for some time now. So far though our OEM, somewhat scuffed-and-battered, has held up, with 2-part epoxy and fiberglass repairs:

upload_2020-11-11_11-33-13.png