1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Front windshield washer jets

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cossie1600, Feb 2, 2011.

1. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is it me or does it seem like it is in a terrible location. It is always jammed up with snow and ice, you can never get any water out of it without digging down and clear the stupid cowl.

2. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    No headlight sprayer is placed in a good spot. Toyota seems to like the bumper area, as do other car makers. Seems to be the place these days.

However, mine has lately taken to shoot at the headlights every other time I pull the stalk back when cleaning the windshield. How those two are now connected I can't fathom.

3. Comrad_Durandal

Comrad_Durandal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Uhhhh, I think he was talking the conventional windscreen washer jets, not the ones for headlights on higher-end Prius. I've never had a problem with them blocking, but then again - I think Toyota would make a killing offering heated windscreen washer jets.

4. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't have the fancy headlight washer, I just can't spray water on my windshield because it is covered in snow/ice most of the time this winter.

5. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    In a snow/ice climate, windshield washers are never in a good location. I prefer their location over putting washers sprays on the wiper arm.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No issue here but I rarely park it outside when it snows. It's possible since the cowl area is a good place for snow to pile up.

My issue with the windshield washer jets is that they're fairly weak. Our 2005's jets are a fire hose in comparison.

7. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The headlight washers will activate if you clean the windshield while the headlights are on. If you don't like them, just pull the fuse to it (location of headlight washer fuse is found in owner's manual).

8. cit1991

cit1991 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Gotta hand it to GM here. Washer nozzles on the wiper arms was a great idea.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Except that won't the downward wipe be a dry wipe because the washer is spraying the A-pillar by the time the wiper is fully extended?

10. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nope, they work much better than the stupid Toyota one where the snow would build one right over it. The wiper on the Prius is actually in a great place as it is high enough to clear all the snow, I just don't get any water to wipe it with.

My Nissan 2004 had it on the wiper arm too

11. Mr. Prius

Mr. Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's not a location problem for me but mine freeze up when the temp is below 15F. Completely useless. I've filled it up with high end washer fluid to no avail.....anyone have ant other ideas?

12. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is a location problem. Ice/snow freezes on top of the hole, nothing you can do about it since it is not heated nor covered