1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

frozen doors

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by silverfog, Jan 31, 2011.

1. silverfog

silverfog New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Despite complaints from some, after taking our Prius III for a long winter season in Michigan (OK, personal reasons) I have found it impressive in handling in snow and ice -- all standard apart from Hankook Optima tires.
    But one oddity. Annoying, short-lived -- but annoying. After dining at a restaurant in East Lansing when temp was close to zero F., we found the doors frozen. Not a problem: one yank and they open. Then as soon as we reach 12 mph, instead of the auto lock, the driver's door unlatches and the warning light and beeps come on. Stop. Close door. Continue. Same again. Start, manually lock doors, and at 12 mph driver's door unlatches. And again. Drive home with warning lights and beeps. No problem next day. But curious. anyone else experienced this?

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Below zero up here often and I have had no problems. I will add though, we have a very dry climate. I have had problems with other types of vehicles up here in the past sticking but not the Prius.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    doesn't sound like your door is latching properly. could be a safety hazard, i would run it by the dealer.