1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FS: 2013 Prius II, mint condition, 30K miles

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by armyvet282, May 22, 2017.

1. armyvet282

armyvet282 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Selling my 2013 Prius II. Very clean, mint condition, low miles (30K). Clean title, no accidents, no issues. I'm the only owner and driver and it's been my baby for the past almost 4 years.

TLDR: This is the car I'd want to buy if I were looking for one (and I'm VERY picky). Looking to get $15K for it.

This is one of the cleanest cars you'll ever find, and one of the most well-cared for. It might not be absolutely perfect (see below), but it has served me well all these years and has never given me any trouble. It's been extremely reliable in any weather (10F to 100F, rain/snow/ice) and nothing ever broke down. And the hybrid battery/drivetrain is still under the 8-year warranty.

Performance-wise, it's worked great even in hilly terrain. I got a lifetime average of 50 MPG, measured across all fill-ups (some more, some less). On many longer trips (5+ mi), when I'm not in a hurry, I end up getting 55-70 MPG per car's trip meter.

I always take good care of my cars and I hope the next owner will take good care of my Prius as well. In the first two years, I had access to a self-service garage, so I did all scheduled maintenance myself (4qts of 0w20 Mobil1 synthetic + OEM oild filter and drain plug gasket). I also replaced the engine air filter at 20K miles. I do have a detailed service/maintenance history with pictures and receipts. Last fall, I had the Prius serviced at Wilson Toyota in Bellingham for 30K service (at 28K odo), and they confirmed that everything is in top-notch condition.

The price tag is based on the car's condition and the time/effort I put into it. So far, I have invested over 130 hours (yes, I kept track) into washing/cleaning and DIY maintenance on this car. It really has been my baby, and I think you can tell just by looking at it. Most people don't believe that it's almost 4 years old - it's just that clean and well taken care of. I have done a complete clay bar followed by polish and wax twice in the first two years, and it's about time to do it again; I've just been too busy lately. The paint still shines like new, and the headlights are still clear.

On the downside, it does have very minor exterior blemishes - nothing out of the ordinary. The right-side blinker/DRL has a small crack, but works perfectly fine. Tires are still original and they need replacing, due to their age and wear and tear. I will do that next month.

Also, the underbody on the right side has scratches from scraping the curb. It happened when I was exiting a parking spot at Yellowstone and got distracted, so grazed the curb just a tad. The wheels didn't hit the curb, so the scratches are the only damage - thank goodness! I personally inspected the underbody later and everything looks good.

So, why am I selling my precious car? Simply, it needs a new home because I hardly drive it anymore. (I average less than 10 miles/day now.) This is a hyper-commuter car for someone who drives a lot, and right now it's just wasting away in the parking lot. Yes, I love it, but the car payments just don't justify themselves anymore. I don't make as much money as I used to, so downgrading my car seems like a good idea.

Also, I like to go hiking from time to time, and I've had to be very selective with my destinations, because Prius is obviously a city car and can't handle forest roads. I'll need something more rugged for that and, going back to my previous point, it really wouldn't make sense to have two cars when I barely drive one as it is.

Bottom line, I'm trying to see if there is demand for my Prius, or if I should hold on to it until the gas prices climb back over $3/gal. I'm not in a hurry.

Any questions, let me know! Thanks.

Attached Files:

#1 armyvet282, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How much are dealers selling a car like this for?

3. armyvet282

armyvet282 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There isn't a whole lot of these on the dealer lot. I guess they sell like hot pancakes, as they should. The few that are listed at the closest dealerships are all priced at $18-22K, depending on the year/trim, unless they are beaten up with well over 100K miles.

The listings on local Craigslist are almost all salvage or super high miles, too.

KBB price is $14-15K for very good to excellent condition. I think what I'm asking is fair, but then again I'm willing to wait until the demand goes back up.

4. Moving Right Along

Moving Right Along Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    According to Edmunds, a 2013 Prius two in clean condition with 30,000 miles would typically sell for just over $14,000 from a dealer or $13,000 from a private party.

5. armyvet282

armyvet282 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Idk where they get those numbers, because the dealer listings (on Edmunds) are all around $15K and up, except for high-mileage cars. I ran a price estimate on there and it told me my car is worth $13,900-14,100 in a private sale.

As the saying goes, you get whatcha pay for. :) So I'll wait. Selling for less than $15K isn't worth the time and money that I put into this car.

6. armyvet282

armyvet282 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Adding interior pictures to show you how immaculate it is. This is just after wiping the dust and brushing off small debris. But I would also do a thorough detail (not that it really needs one, but still), if someone decided to buy. I've been using rubber floor mats and a cargo mat, so the car comes with those as well.

14. floor mat.jpg 15. passenger side 1.jpg 16. passenger side 2.jpg 17. passenger seat.jpg 18. driver seat.jpg 19. driver side.jpg 20. steering wheel and dashboard.jpg 21. trip meter.jpg 22. odometer.jpg 23. rear seats 1.jpg 24. rear seats 2.jpg 25. cargo area 1.jpg 26. cargo area 2.jpg 27. fuel door.jpg

7. Moving Right Along

Moving Right Along Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hybrids aren't in high demand now, but if/when gas prices go up again, I think you'll be able to sell for your asking price

8. armyvet282

armyvet282 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two