1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel Consu. Disp. Options?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Cvk14, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Cvk14

Cvk14 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    [​IMG]
    What on earth do these options mean? i cant see any change when I select one or the other...

2. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I may have this wrong, but I played around with these the other day. They change the display on that very last screen you get on the MFD when you turn the car off, and on the screen that shows the monthly MPG. I think this is how it's working. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone in here will pipe up and let me know. :D

"FUEL CONSU. DISP" - select whether you want to see MPG - "CONSUMP." - or the savings vs another car with different MPG - "ECO SAVINGS".

"COMP. CONSUMPTION" - the selection just below FUEL CONSU. DISP. - is where you enter the MPG of the comparison car.

Every time you purchase gas, you enter the price in "GASOLINE PRICE".

If you select CONSUMP, the monthly screen will show the MPG for each month and the final screen will show MPG for that trip, and the cost of the gas used.

If you select ECO SAVINGS, the monthly screen will show the MPG for each month, plus the total gas savings over the comparison car. The final screen will show the MPG for the trip, and the gas savings for the trip.

Again, I THINK this is how it works. The manual is a bit vague.

3. PriusDude11

PriusDude11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What you are saying seems to make sense. I have only had my new car a few weeks, but I have yet to figure out what a few of these screens mean. I have figured out that to be able to see real-time MPGs, you can't have the "Ecosavings" option selected, which is fine, but when I select the other option, the screen that shows up when I switch the vehicle off includes what looks to be like an option that tells you how much it costs for the current trip. However, based what you are saying, it seems to be telling the amount of money saved by driving a Prius for that particular trip when compared to another vehicle with a drastically different MPG rating. Thanks so much.

4. sLick415

sLick415 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It changes the displayed information for Trip A and Trip B. "CONSUMP." will show you mpg, avg mph, ect. "ECO SAVINGS" will show you how much money you've saved for that trip. Of cource, you will need to set up the "COMP. CONSUMPTION" for it to show you how much money you've saved.

I'm not sure if any other displays change between these two options.

5. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    From the looks of things it has a calendar too.......haven't a clue where that shows up! geez I need to look at those settings again. Makes me think Microsoft designed this software.....

6. Dmatt

Dmatt New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Question. How accurate are these guages? I mean, do you guys do it the old way, dividing miles driven by gals?

7. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, do hand calculations as well. You will find the display to be about 5% higher (give or take) than your own calculations over the long run.