1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel consumption increase after service and new brakes.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by quenching, Nov 2, 2013.

1. salman2k960

salman2k960 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks for your replies.

i think it was just drop in temperature, because mpg is back to normal as summers are approaching. furthermore, i have started driving using many of the recommended methods of driving a Prius. perhaps i was driving bit carelessly!

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Are wheel hubs still hot, or not?

3. Tim Jenkins

Tim Jenkins New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Did you ever figure out the issue, I am currently having the same issue and the Toyota Dealership says everything is fine!

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This is on your 2010, third gen? You’ve just brakes serviced? Who did it, dealership or?

one regular gotcha is misassembly of the rear brakes. It’s imperative the rest caliper piston be oriented so that the cross pattern on its face is like an “X”, so the raised spokes straddle the stubby pin on back of brake pad. If the spike is atop the pin you get uneven pressure, beveled pad wear and constant drag.

you can test by raising the rear and see how freely the wheels spin. Normally they’ll have have slight drag, but will easily free-spin 2~3 revs with a push.

Attached Files: