1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel Economy Drop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by DanielL, Sep 25, 2012.

1. DanielL

DanielL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi.

My Prius was averaging around 43 mpg. My dealer recommend the fuel injector cleaning and a re-alignment. After this service, my fuel economy dropped to 34 mpg. I have driven it a few weeks since then because I thought maybe it would improve over time. Unfortunately, it is still averaging 34 mpg. We have not changed our driving habits.

I have noticed if the hybrid battery shows that it is full or in the green when i park the car for the night, in the morning, the hybrid battery has drained a few bars. I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You'd think the issue with the hybrid battery would be unrelated to the fuel injector cleaning.

Perhaps you should check the health of your 12V battery. Maybe it got discharged at the dealer and is now loading your electrical system down. Drawing a long bow I know, but that's about the only way I could see those things as related.

PriusGuy32 and HaroldW like this.