1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel efficiency paradigm shift documented in Prius c review

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ystasino, Feb 17, 2012.

1. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know that the Prius c has it's own forum, but there has been much discussion over the years in this forum with Ken and Bob essentially arguing that 60 mpg at 60 mph is as good as a Gen II will ever accomplish.

Well Danny's review of the Prius c states :

Now a formal proof of average speed such as that obtained by smartphone accelerometers is lacking, but for anyone who has sustained such speeds at a highway for a decent distance on a Gen II-even with optimal temperature, wind, elevation, traffic and tire pressure conditions- such a result is otherworldly.

Simply put these findings, if formally confirmed, will contradict a few theories and represent a paradigm shift for the Prius family of cars, let alone for the short 46 mpg highway rated Prius C.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm not following you, why is this in the gen II forum?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess he wants Gen 2 owners to see the capabilities of the Prius c?

4. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Firstly, the discussions with Bob's graphs about estimated mpg with increasing speed, Ken's post about the Gen II and Gen III FE graphs, Hobbit's sweet spot, Wayne's hypermiling all took place in this forum.

Secondly, most people who know anything about hypermiling frequent this forum so I wanted to get their reaction.

Finally, I'm still driving a Gen II and look at the reported FE gains of teh c with curiosity that I thought some here would share.