1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel gauge display problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jackmccullough, Feb 11, 2016.

1. jackmccullough

jackmccullough Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not the usual.
    I stopped on my way home to get gas tonight when the gauge was showing one pip. Naturally it wasn't low, but I'm used to that.

The odd thing is that after I got in the car and turned it back on the gauge stayed at one pip and the fuel display on the multi-function display didn't reset.

I'll check again in the morning, but do you have any thoughts?

TIA.

Jack

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you owned it since new? i think i've read that there's a way to reset the gauge.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How many gallons of fuel did you purchase? If fewer than four gallons, the fuel gauge system may not recognize the added fuel.

You could try disconnecting the 12V battery for a few minutes, which would force the fuel gauge system to reset after the battery is reconnected and the Prius is made READY or IG-ON.

If the fuel gauge continues to read abnormally then it may need to be reset in a more systemic way:
    Fuel Gauge Calibration Instructions | PriusChat

m.wynn likes this.