1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel Gauge stuck on full forever

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Eldon Pinheiro, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Eldon Pinheiro

Eldon Pinheiro New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Guys, I have a 2012 Prius Two with 217k miles.

A few months ago, a stupid driver crashed his car in my prius, on back.

Not a big deal, my car was repaired.

But, I got 2 problems:

1- My right side steering switches doesn't work anymore ( only DISP switch ).

I checked the clock spring and it's ok.

2 - My fuel gauge stuck on full, even on empty tank.

Any ideas to fix these problems?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :)

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! won't the shoppe who fixed it fix it?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I would agree with @bisco, that it's the bodyshop's reponsibility, except I think they should sub-contract this to a Toyota dealership service department: they have full access to Techstream and the Repair Manuals troubleshooting procedures.

4. MikeV

MikeV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    did you ever get an answer. I filled a cople of gas cans over te 4th because local gas station had gas for 1.77 and I was adding a gallon or two when gage got down to 3\4. I must have added too much last time as I saw gas come up about to spill out but did go into the tank without overflowing to ground, so I stopped filling right away and replaced cap. next day I drove about 40miles and gafe was completley full but no worries but since then I have driven another 75 miles and only 1 blip has disappeard. I cant imagine that I added nearly 2 extra gallons than what I would have done using the gas station pump. concerned for now if this f'd things up. i haven tried any reset methods not sure if there are any. Im planning to disconnect 12v later today or tomorrow, any ideas?