1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel gauge stuck

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by darwin100, May 6, 2006.

1. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

My fuel gauge is stuck on half full. I have filled the tank I never let it go below one bar past half and now it willnot indicate that the tank is full ( I put in 5 gallons and it still sits on half full).
    Any suggestions?
    darwin

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darwin100 @ May 6 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]250769[/snapback]</div>

Usually a 4 gallon fill is enough to get the guage to reset. It may, however, be a fluke that yours didn't.

Honestly I'd just run this tank a good 400 miles before refilling and it should take care of itself.

I would not do the calibration/reset at this point unless the problem recurs.

3. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

thanks I figured you would have a solution. I will give it a while (but this is the second tank full that I put in and it did not reset...however I never go 400 miles without a fillup...perhaps this is the problem?
    I am leaving for a 6 week trip driving to Alaska and would not like to go with out having a working fuel guage.
    darwin