1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

fuel injection/air induction service

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by southjerseycraig, Sep 29, 2015.

1. southjerseycraig

southjerseycraig Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My dealer is so eager to have me sign up for these "services" that it is offering a 10% coupon, bringing the price to $324. I take it that we all agree that these services are unnecessary and just a way for the dealer to line its pocket. Any one differ?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nope. didn't they try to con you on something else as well?

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    one of my local dealers once offer me a piece of the Brooklyn Bridge....................

bisco likes this.
  4. southjerseycraig

southjerseycraig Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks. They haven't tried to con me in a while, and the service advisor last time seemed a little shame-faced about offering this "service." But still I don' t like it when I'm asked to pay money for a useless service.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    me neither. when my kids were young, we had a caravan, and those guys were the worst, most pushy service advisors i have ever seen. they printed up their own maintenance schedule, and would quadruple chryslers recommendations. i didn't feel bad for me, but for all the helpless souls who would innocently buy into their lies.:mad:

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You need a new dealer, and you need to fire a letter topside to let the folks in the head shed know about this "service."

If places like Walmart tried this then some company officials would be doing a perp walk on CNN.
    Why people just roll their eyes and let dealerships get away with it is a mystery to me.

Reason #5937 that I'm a Toyota driver and not a Toyota owner at present.

BT

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Or just stick with the current place, and get a little thick-skinned. They will get the hint if you don't cave, get back to basics.

Writing Toyota? That'd be like phoning the cops to let them know folks are rolling stops. :whistle: