1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuel injectior cleaner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hobba, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hobba

hobba New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It been a long time since I last posted here, but I do read the forum everyday. I just wanted to share with you my recent experience with Gumout fuel injector cleaner. With the crappy ethanol gas that has been forced on the driving public, we all experience a certain loss of power with our cars. In the past, I have paid the dealer to perform a fuel injector treatment with good results, however, it only last so long. Recently I purchased Gumout Fuel Injector cleaner for 5.99 at my local auto parts store and have had as good a result with it as the dealer service. The car has more pep and power than before so I will continue to use it as necessary and avoid the bill at the dealer. I haven't notice any increase in mileage.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Back when I used such products, I found a bottle of Techron to be quite effective. I've never found it necessary to use in any of my Prius vehicles though.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How have you measured the "more pep and power"? Is it subjective, or have you used analytical techniques?

Tom